2023 EUROSAF Platu 25 European Championship
Volos Offshore Sailing Club (I.O.V.A.Th.) will organize the 2023 Platu25 European Championship. The Championship will take place from October 7 to October 14 in the beautiful city of Volos. All races will be held in the Pagasetic Gulf, in close proximity to the city. All participating boats will be moored in assigned places inside the central port of Volos. Just a breathe away from the center of the city!!
The registered boats, their trailers and cars will be hosted by Volos Offshore Sailing Club (I.O.V.A.Th.), in special spaces reserved for the event, from 5 October 2023 until 15 October 2023. The club can offer his facilities to all teams that are willing to arrive earlier for training. For further information...contact us!Volos city is located in the central part of Greece, easily accessible by car, plane or bus. You can easily reach Volos from Athens and Thessaloniki by car, bus or train. Indicatively, the distance to Volos is:
- Athens - Volos: The distance is 325 km and the journey lasts around 3.5 hours by car (via A1 highway).
- Thessaloniki - Volos: The distance is 207 km and the journey is approximately 2 hours by car (via A1 highway).
- Igoumenitsa – Volos: The distance is 307 km and the journey is approximately 4 hours by car (via Egnatia Odos).
If you plan to travel to Volos by bus or train here are some useful information for your trip:
- The bus routes from Athens to Volos are operated by KTEL Magnesias. The buses depart from the KTEL bus station in Liossia and the journey takes around 4 hours.
- The bus routes from Thessaloniki to Volos are operated by KTEL Magnesias. The buses depart from the KTEL bus station `Macedonia`. The journey lasts 2-2,5 hours.
- The bus station in Volos is located 1.5 km from the port.
- Volos train station is located 1.3 km from the port.
- At the moment, there is no direct train from Athens or Thessaloniki to Volos, but you can reach Volos with a stopover in Larissa. The train route Larissa - Volos takes 45 minutes and the ticket is very cheap.
The closest international airports are:
- Athens International Airport Eleftherios Venizelos.
- Thessaloniki Airport Makedonia.